Last Revised: January 3, 2022
Our Privacy Commitment
The ice.riedellskates.com and roller.riedellskates.com websites (collectively, the “Sites”) are owned and operated by Riedell Shoes, Inc (“Riedell”). Our offices are located at 122 Cannon River Avenue, Red Wing, MN 55066. The Sites provide information and the ability for our Canadian customers to purchase Riedell® and other industry leading ice and roller skate boots, skates, components and related accessory products.
Riedell is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external websites linked to this website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these other websites when you leave the Sites.
Collection and Use of Private Information
We collect your name, email address and other private information to identify you and send you notifications related to any product orders, or relating to your use of the Sites. We may also use this information to send you an email newsletter, which may contain offers or information from the Sites, Riedell or other affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers after providing your consent, you may unsubscribe at any time.
If you enter a contest or other promotion on the Sites, Riedell may use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners.
We may place advertising or other links on the Sites which originate from third party advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie or other tracker. Riedell does not control these cookies or trackers, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your personal information by these independent sources.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Your username, product or other reviews or other postings, and any personally identifiable information you have provided may be posted on the Sites for other users to see.
In addition to potential disclosure to Riedell’s business partners, Riedell will disclose your personal information to governmental or judicial authorities or law enforcement agencies or to other individuals or entities in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes. Riedell also reserves the right to use and disclose your personal information where required or permitted by law or if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a violation of a federal, provincial or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Non-personal or aggregated information is information collected during your use of the Sites that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When you browse the Sites and are not logged in, for example, Riedell does not collect any personally identifiable information about you, but we do gather information on an automated basis about your computer’s operating system, web browser, internet source provider, page views, the number of people viewing each page, so that we can learn what features are the most popular, and make improvements to the Sites as necessary and on a regular basis.
Riedell does not believe that the Sites appeal directly to individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect information from individuals under this age. Please do not use the Sites without the supervision of parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18. Riedell urges all parents to supervise their children’s exploration of the Internet and to teach their children about protecting their personal information online.
Consents and Opt-Out Policy
Access and Modification of Personal Information
Riedell provides you with the means to access and modify stored user profile personal information by accessing the “My Account” section. If you wish to close your account, you can do so by contacting email@example.com. Please note that this will also remove all of your personal information from the Sites, including any wish lists, preferences, sizing or prior order history, that cannot be recovered once an account is closed. We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request to Riedell’s Privacy Officer, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement.
Code of Conduct
Riedell makes all reasonable efforts to comply with the Act, and follows its Code of Conduct to in respect of its handling of your personal information:
- Accountability – Riedell is responsible for personal information under our control and have designated a Privacy Officer as the individual accountable for our compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- Identifying purposes for collection of personal information – Riedell shall identify the purposes for collection of personal information at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent – Riedell will only collect, use and disclose personal information with your knowledge and consent, except where inappropriate. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal/contractual restrictions, and reasonable notice.
- Limiting collection of personal information – Riedell shall limit collection of personal information to what is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified, and such information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention of personal information – Riedell shall not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law, and shall use its best efforts to retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- Accuracy of personal information – Personal information shall be accurate, complete and up-to-date, but Riedell shall not routinely update personal information, unless necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected
- Safeguards for protecting personal information – Riedell shall protect personal information by security safeguards which are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness about policies and practices – Riedell shall make readily available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access to your personal information – Upon request, Riedell shall use our best efforts to inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you can demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of your personal information, we shall use our best efforts to amend the information as required.
You will be able to challenge our compliance with the Riedell Code of Conduct to our Privacy Officer as indicated below.