Bled Zeppelin - #618
Riedell Skate Setup:
- Boots: Custom Riedell Solaris
- Plates: PowerDyne Reactor Pro Series
- Bearings: KwiK Zenith
- Wheels: Radar Halo Pink 88A
- Toe Stop: PowerDyne Jupiter
- Gear Bag: Riedell RXT Backpack and Riedell Travel Bag
Years Skating: 7 years
Hometown: Collinsville, IL and currently living in St. Louis, MO
Skating Style: Roller Derby - Blocker
Why I choose to skate Riedell:
I choose Riedell because I love all the styles of skates they have and all the custom work they can do on your boots. Plus they hold up really well. I'm a big guy and I put my skates through a beating. And I love the heal lock in the Solaris, it's such a game changer.
If you were stranded on island that luckily had a skating rink, other than your Riedell skates, what is one item that you would want to have with you?
A hockey stick. I love skating around and taking slap shots at the net.
What motivates you to be the best skater you can be?
After last season, breaking my ankle and watching my team play at Champs was a huge bummer but also it's a huge motivator and makes me excited for redemption this year.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
When my wife puts the closed captions on the television at home.
Which 3 individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
- I would love a chance to have dinner one last time with Marilyn Roedner and tell her how much she meant to me.
- I would love a chance to have dinner with Jimmy Page and talk about rock n' roll and hear about Led Zeppelin's touring days.
- I would love a chance to have dinner with Rob Wells and talk about the Trailer Park Boys and how much I can relate to him in the show.
If you could write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?
"Shoulders - The only game I know how to play" - Back in the day my wife and I played indoor soccer, and we played in a league with her Dad and his friend Randy. Randy said this saying when people cheap shot him when we were on the field and it has always stuck with me.
At practice, what is one skating maneuver you are currently working on to get better at?
Anything left footded. After breaking my ankle at ECDX and coming back from injury, it's learning to be confident in myself again.