Gal of Fray - #23
Photo courtesy of Mia Palau
Riedell Skate Setup:
- Boots: Custom Riedell 495
- Plates: PowerDyne Arius Platinum
- Cushions: PowerDyne Arius Split Butterfly Cushions
- Toe Stop: PowerDyne Jupiter
- Wheels: Radar Halo 93A Pink
- Bearings: KwiK Ceramic
- Gear Bag: Riedell RXT Backpack and Riedell Wheeled Travel Bag
Years Playing Derby: 7 years
Current team(s) skating for:
- Wheels of Justice - Rose City Rollers - Portland, OR
Position: Pivot and occasional jammer
Why I choose to skate Riedell:
I’ve gone through some pretty big physical, mental, and emotional changes since I started playing derby at 13 years old. The fit and function of Riedell’s products ensured that I didn’t have to worry about my skates while I was (and still am) busy worrying about growing up.
If I could only skate in one place for the rest of my life, it would be:
I love the challenge of adapting to change. I think that if I had to stay put in one place for the rest of my life because of skating, I might need to find a new career!
My personal motto:
Be respectful and honest to yourself and others.
My favorite music to jam out to:
3 words to describe me:
Hard-working. Hungry. Friendly (when I'm not hungry).
3 fun facts that most people don't know about me:
- I am the only first-generation citizen of the U.S. in my family.
Coffee makes me sleepy.
- I am actively playing my part in bringing shoulder pads back into fashion.
Someone I admire and why:
I admire my sisters. At 12 and 14 years older than me, I have always seen them as my role models. Their determination, strength, and willingness to go against the grain inspires me to work hard for what I believe in.