Gal of Fray - #23
Riedell Skate Setup:
- Boots: Custom Riedell 495
- Plates: PowerDyne Arius Platinum
- Cushions: PowerDyne Arius Split Butterfly Cushions
- Toe Stop: PowerDyne Jupiter
- Wheels: Radar Halo 93A Pink
- Bearings: KwiK Ceramic
- Gear Bag: Riedell RXT Backpack and Riedell Wheeled Travel Bag
Years Skating: 8 years
Hometown: Corvallis, OR
Skating Style: Roller Derby - Quick, Cohesive Defense
Why I choose to skate Riedell:
Here are my resasons why I love my Riedell skates:
- Responsive to sharp movements
- It’s like pillows for my feet
- Excellent quality materials
- Durable enough to last for years
- Let me focus on the game
- Loves of my life
If you were stranded on island that luckily had a skating rink, other than your Riedell skates, what is one item that you would want to have with you?
A helicopter (with helicopter pilot included).
What motivates you to be the best skater you can be?
I am constantly motivated by the skaters I meet who are eager to learn and grow. Let’s share our ideas and draw inspiration from each other, regardless of level!
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers in the passing lane.
Which 3 individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
Meryl Streep, Audre Lorde, and Amy Winehouse.
If you could write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?
“Seasoned Naiveté” - Because no matter how much I learn, I am always proudly naive!
At practice, what is one skating maneuver you are currently working on to get better at?
I am forever working on recovering from jammers juking to the outside in the turns. All of that centrifugal force is hard to work against!