Teflon Donna - #85
Riedell Skate Setup:
- Boots: Custom Solaris
- Plates: PowerDyne Arius Platinum
- Cushions: PowerDyne Arius Split Butterfly Cushions - Royal Blue (89A)
- Wheels: Radar Halo combo of 91A/93A
- Bearings: KwiK Ceramic
- Toe Stop: PowerDyne Jupiter
- Insoles: R-Fit
- Gear Bag: Riedell RXT Backpack
Years Playing Derby: The Big 1-5. 15 years!
Current team(s) skating for:
- Philly Roller Derby - Philadelphia, PA
Why I choose to skate Riedell:
I’ve only ever skated on Riedell and I’ve never contemplated skating on any other skates. Hand-crafted in the USA , made with leather that conforms to the nuances of my feet and tough enough to withstand the demands of our game and the surfaces we skate on, for me there is no other choice. And now with all of the customization options, I’m able to not only wear the perfect skate for me but design the skates to match my personality.
If I could only skate in one place for the rest of my life, it would be:
Along the beach in Barcelona!
My personal motto:
You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. To elaborate, I believe in a strong work ethic and you have to put in the work to reap the benefits.
My favorite music to jam out to:
I love throwback jams from the 90s.
3 words to describe me:
Ambitious. Intuitive. Caring
3 fun facts that most people don't know about me:
- My 12 years in Philadelphia is the longest I have ever lived anywhere. I’ve lived in 8 different states throughout my lifetime. I graduated high school in Sioux Falls, SD.
- My competitive fire started burning at a young age. I spent 13 years as a competitive gymnast.
- My family calls me Beedge.
Someone I admire and why:
There are so many people I admire and I really feel that it depends on the moment. Currently I really admire Philly Roller Derby juniors. The skaters that I am fortunate to work closely with all have amazing work ethic and compassion for each other. They truly embody what it means to put the team first. It’s evident in the way they handle rostering and playing time and how they can be happy for their teammates even when they aren’t able to achieve the same thing.